It is chilling outside, and Winter is right around the corner. Most people are concerned about their skin as during Winter, the temperature drops and skin becomes dry, so it is important to keep your skin extra hydrated during the cold, dry winter months. If you live in a climate where the temperature drops to a low level, then you must change your skincare routine should change from season to season. So, every time the Winter comes, switch to routine skincare that keeps you hydrated.
If you have skin disorders, the winter seasons can create havoc. Don’t you worry, we are here with five tips that will help you protect your sensitive skin during the winter season, so what are we waiting for? Let’s hop in:
- Drink Enough Water- This may sound pretty straightforward, but many of us don’t drink enough water throughout the entire day. You will be amazed to know that 70% of the human body is water that itself is proof of how important water is for the body. In Winter, we are all cosy and refrain from drinking water, but please don’t do that. Your body needs water to hydrate your skin throughout the entire day.
- Cut Shower Time– This may surprise you that above we discussed drinking enough water, and now we are saying to avoid long showers, wait, and explain this to you. In Winter, we take baths with hot water that strip natural moisture. So, it is advisable to take brief lukewarm showers no more than once per day. You won’t believe how much this can change the quality of your skin in the long run. This is a very simple step that can greatly impact your skin.
- Apply Moisturiser- This is again a simple point that everyone can follow. Just find out the right moisturiser that suits your skin. If you have dry skin, always wear a lightweight face moisturiser that your pores are not clogged. Try to use an oil-free moisturiser with sunscreen with an SPF of 30 so that your skin is protected against the harmful radiation from the sun.
- Use Cleansers- Use a cleanser in the morning. Try to use a cleaner with a lotion texture, so it’s a little gentler than foam or gel but still able to clear all your pores. Use a cleanser that makes sure that it doesn’t seem to leave behind any residue and gets washed completely, thus giving your skin a natural glow that will last all day long. Before applying cleanser, make sure to use it correctly on your skin.
- Night-Time Skincare Routine- You won’t believe that night is the time when all the magic happens. Having a good night skincare routine can make all the difference and solve most skin drying problems. The important point to note here is that to avoid hot water at all costs, as hot water makes your skin dry and can become irritated. Before going to bed, apply all your favourite hydrating, moisturising skin products and go to a night of good night sleep.
As you can see that taking care of your skin in winter is not difficult, you can easily take care of your skin by following the above points. If you face any issue down the line, it is always a good idea to consult your nearest dermatologist.